Active student participation is the key to student achievement, both in the classroom and during distance learning.
Student attendance for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday instruction will occur as follows:
- At the elementary level, both the homeroom teacher and mathematics teacher will take attendance, noting whether students were present online for synchronous instruction.
Student attendance for Wednesday instruction will occur as follows:
- A student will be counted as present if they do one or more of the following since the previous Wednesday:
- Submit an assignment to one of their teachers
- Engage in synchronous instruction with an HCPSS teacher
- Complete work in the Canvas learning management system, DreamBox or Lexia Core5
If your student is absent or will be absent from a Google Meet, please email the following to explain the reason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are requesting 3 or more discretionary days, please download the PDF fillable Discretionary Absence Form and email it to the above email address.
- If you are requesting a day for a religious holiday not identified by the Howard County Public School System school calendar, please download the PDF fillable Religious Obligation Form and email it to the above email address.
Please review Policy 9010: https://policy.hcpss.org/9000/9010/